I gave it a coat of bonding primer which I used because I didn't want to sand it. I'm big into instant gratification not so much into prep. I know this is a bad habit, I'm working on it!
Then I gave it a couple coats of a creamy beige paint. Next step was to grab my copy of the graphic I found at graphics fairy and my newly acquired bottle of citrasolv and went to work transferring the image.
This was my first time using this transfer method. It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but my husband pointed out that it shouldn't be perfect if I am going for a distressed look. Thanks honey, that made me feel better!
Last step was a spray sealer and there it is! I know the pics are horrible, i dig out my digital camera this week and stop using my phone. :)