Saturday, July 30, 2011

Busy busy

I've been busy prettying up our new space and I have to say that I'm really liking how it is turning out! We grabbed this coffee table from craigslist for pretty cheap. I knew I wanted to change it, but it took me a few days of staring at it to decide.






I gave it a coat of bonding primer which I used because I didn't want to sand it. I'm big into instant gratification not so much into prep. I know this is a bad habit, I'm working on it!

Then I gave it a couple coats of a creamy beige paint. Next step was to grab my copy of the graphic I found at graphics fairy and my newly acquired bottle of citrasolv and went to work transferring the image.

This was my first time using this transfer method. It didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but my husband pointed out that it shouldn't be perfect if I am going for a distressed look. Thanks honey, that made me feel better!

Last step was a spray sealer and there it is! I know the pics are horrible, i dig out my digital camera this week and stop using my phone. :)






linking to:
Domestically Speaking

1 comment:

  1. Very nice and great transfer!
    ~Pam
    pamspaintparlor.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete